How Did We Get Here? is the ninth episode of Red Band Society's first season. It premiered on November 26, 2014.
Emma and Leo are close to being released from Ocean Park Hospital. Leo is ahead of schedule with his physical therapy and Emma is able to convincingly lie to her therapist about her progress with her eating disorder.
When pop star Delaney Shaw is admitted to the hospital for exhaustion, Dash and Jordi see it as an opportunity to go after some life goals.
Nurse Jackson gives Kara a warning about getting further involved with Hunter to avoid getting hurt. Dr. McAndrew wants Grace back, but he ends up sleeping with Brittany. Brittany is hurt after Dr. McAndrew tells her it was just a one-night stand.
In the end, Leo is ordered to remain at Ocean Park for another few weeks while Emma is released from the hospital.
Main Cast Edit
- Octavia Spencer as Nurse Jackson
- Dave Annable as Dr. Jack McAndrew
- Astro as Dash Hosney
- Ciara Bravo as Emma Chota
- Griffin Gluck as Charlie Hutchison
- Zoe Levin as Kara Souders
- Nolan Sotillo as Jordi Palacios
- Charlie Rowe as Leo Roth
- Rebecca Rittenhouse as Nurse Brittany Dobler
Recurring Cast Edit
- Dr. Jack/Adam McAndrews slept with Brittany
Memorable Quotes Edit
- Nurse Jackson: My job is to protect your heart, Kara, in every possible way.
- Kara: On what planet do you have a shot at Delaney Shaw?
- Dash: Planet hospital where the competition is drastically reduced.
- Kara: Well, if I'm gonna have a heart attack and die, it may as well be during sex.
- Emma: I'm not better, okay?! I'm not better! And I keep waiting for someone to figure that out and they don't! I mean, of course, they don't 'cause as long as I say the right thing and I act the right way, they're happy because that means that they cured me, right?