Her nickname is "the girl next floor."
She is portrayed by Ciara Bravo.
Emma is an understanding, calm and caring person. She worries more about others, despite the severity of her Anorexia Nervosa. Even knowing how severe her condition is, she still has problems eating daily and goes to extreme measures at times to give the aesthetic of her gaining weight.
Though still battling with her demons, she decides to approach all this with some sort of comedic relief.
|Address:||Ocean Park Hospital, Los Angeles, California|
|Aliases:||"The Girl Next Floor" (show's label)|
|Family & Friends|
|Family:|| John Chota (father) |
Caroline Chota (mother)
Finley Chota (younger sister)
|Relationships:||Leo Roth (ex-boyfriend/boyfriend)|
|Friends:|| Jordi Palacios (best friend) |
Leo Roth (ex-boyfriend; best friend)
Kara Souders (best friend)
Dash Hosney (best friend)
|Vulnerabilities:||Sensitive about her anorexia and choosing the right guy.|
|Strengths:||Smarts, Caring, Understanding|
Emma is discharged from Ocean View.
After Emma is released from the hospital, there appears to be some tension with her family. She learns from her father that her grandmother used to have an eating disorder.
After she's forced to eat dinner with her family, Emma locks herself in the bathroom and purges. She is later found passed out on the bathroom floor by her father
- Emma can be quiet and shy at first and is very sensitive when it comes to her anorexia, but she knows how to hold her ground.
- Jordi describes her as 'twisted'.
- She's trying not to let her anorexia get in the way of her life.
- Her shyness and politeness lets her get away with things sometimes.
- She tries to be healthy, other than not eating enough. "I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs."
See: Emma and Leo
- Start up: 1x06
- Break up: 1x09
- She is the adaptation counterpart to the Polseres vermelles character, Cristina.
- As of Episode 1 going into Episode 3; It's confirmed that both she and Jordi have a crush on each other.
- in Episode 1, Jordi had asked Emma for a dance as it was the night before his leg was to be amputated. As they were dancing, Leo saw them and there appears to be a spark of jealousy.
- in Episode 6, she kisses Leo and they get back together, raging Jordi, because Jordi really likes Emma, but Emma and Leo are dating..
- Emma: "I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs."
Kara: "So unhealthy, right? Not like starving yourself."
- Jordi (about his leg): "I'm planning to freeze it."
Emma: "Like a wedding cake."