|It seems this article is a stub and needs more information.|
Feel free to edit the article and expand it.
|Address:||Los Angeles, California|
|Family & Friends|
|Family:|| Nick (father)|
|Friends:|| Leo Roth|
|Interests:||Pizza, Origami, and music|
Charlie Hutchison is a main character on Red Band Society. He is a patient at Ocean Park Hospital, and in a coma. He was in a car accident with his dad, which is why he is in a coma. His dad lost his visitation rights because he unbuckled Charlie and didn't see another vehicle coming toward him, but pretends to be a volunteer so he can see Charlie. The series is narrated by him. He's nicknamed 'coma boy' by Kara. He had woken up, but has been unable to speak and move. He is portrayed by Griffin Gluck.
Throughout the story, it is hinted that he is in a secret but indulged relationship with Kara.
In the last episode Charlie eats a spoon of baby food and is good to go home.At the end of the show the Red Banders are singing a song and Charlie joins in.They are all shocked that he could talk.
Charlie was in a car accident with his father 2 months before the series takes place. While under a comatose state, he and his roomate Kara mess with each other (he does so in a I can't move sort of way) When Kara becomes unconscious, she sees Charlie. He asks her to tell his dad the accident wasn't his fault and to buy him some pizza (he thinks the smell will wake him up)
At the end of the episode, Charlie wakes up when Nurse Jackson checks on him.
- Even though Charlie is in a coma, he seems pretty happy from how he narrates the series.
- He sees what he wants to see in the hospital, even though he is always in his bed.
- He enjoys messing with his roommate, Kara.
- He believes the smell of pizza might wake him up,
- He has a youthful spirit that adds comic relief through out the series.
- He is very observant of what goes on in the pediatric area of the hospital.
- Nick Hutchison ( Father )
- Mandy Hutchison( Mother )
- Leo Roth (Best Friend)
- He is the adaptation counterpart to the Polseres vermelles character, Roc.
- While he was in a coma, he was able to visit people when they were under anesthesia or unconscious
- "You gotta wonder what I did to deserve this. Yeah, this is me talking to you from a coma. Deal with it."
- "Here's the weird thing about a hospital: you become friends with kids that you'd never know in a million years."
- "Everybody thinks that when you go to a hospital life stops, but it's just the opposite, life starts."
- "It's funny we get hung up on things that don't really matter, until something that does matter comes along."
- "Luck isn't getting what you want. It's surviving what you don't want."